Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wedding Fever... aka Motivation

A coworker told me there were a couple years when she attended a wedding approximately twice a month. 
I think that time is starting for me now.
I knew for a year that a friend of mine was getting married, on a cruise, and that I would have to wear a bridesmaid dress, as well as a bikini.  I had a year to prepare, and get in shape, and BE the hot bridesmaid.
It didn't happen.
There was one photo in particular, of me with 4 friends on the beach, that was the wakeup call. I'm not trying to be conceited or mean, but of the 4 friends, I am by far the most physically fit.  This was NOT evident in the photos, of all of us, I looked the worst.  It was a bad angle, I'd been on a cruise for 5 days eating my weight in butter, cream, salt, all the other light & healthy foods they serve you on cruise ships, I'd been drinking and didn't follow the mantra of chin forward, boobs out, belly in, twist shoulders....
whatever, there's plenty of excuses I could use, but no matter which way you turn it, I had a year to get myself in shape, and I didn't make it happen.
So, now with 4 weddings on the horizon, I am determined to rectify that mistake this time around.  Somehow...

No comments: