Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Food from the best of both worlds: high fiber, high protein, low carb, low cal, low fat...high flavor?

Now for the good part-the food plan!  I've read lots of books, blogs, the fad diets, boot camps, medical diets, all that fun stuff, and none of it works for me.  I refuse to give up food that I like, or that tastes good, or eat cardboard posing as food, you could call me a FoodieBaby, or Foodlet or something like that.  That being said, I am a bit of a health nut, too. 
I've tried to combine the high points from several different diets that I've found helpful, but just not quite right. 

Here's the rough draft of the plan:

- eat a little something bright and early before working out, to kick start the metabolism.  
- eat a decent breakfast with lots of protein to keep me full as long as possible
- wake up....
- enjoy a light lunch
- have a small snack sometime in the afternoon so I don't leave work starving and wanting to devour everything I see when I get home or go to the grocery store...
- enjoy a yummy, healthy dinner in small portions
- try to have enough will power to not gorge on chocolate

No comments: