Saturday, January 26, 2013

Naivete in Conversation

Boyfriend thinks that I’m naïve; he said that he doesn’t understand how I don’t have guards up.  Or that the guards I do have up are so different from what other women have. He thinks its strange that I don’t assume men want to hit on me, that I assume that they want to have an interesting conversation. He says it constantly perplexes him that I have such an innocent outlook towards men.  He thinks he only sees that innocent, naïve outlook in kids, or people that haven’t been hurt by men or relationships or life.  So essentially no one! I think some of it goes back to self-worth and conditioning.  Most of my girlfriends are magnets for men, and constantly want their attention.  So when I would go out to socialize or meet people, most of the time the guys would be interested in my girlfriends – the hot ones, the blonde bombshell, the red-headed vixen, the exotic brunette.  I wasn’t interested in having some guy pick me up and having a one-night stand, I didn’t seek out their attention.  I would rather have an interesting conversation with an interesting person than get a guys phone number. So I take every conversation as a chance meeting, and don’t expect anything more from it.  It could last for 10 minutes or 10 months, but you never know how long that conversation will last, and you should enjoy it for what it is.  Its one of the few situations in my life where I can truly and easily ‘live in the moment’. I don’t have expectations or assumptions about where a conversation will lead. 

 

No comments: