Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pairing up

You want to know something that really bothers me.  You say you love me, and you don't want this to end, but 'you and I' take second place to you.  Do you think that I would be happy with second place?

Every time you talk about her, doing things with her, you say "we".

The "we" that is implied by society, the pairing that everyone submliminally understands.  You're a couple, she's your girlfriend, you're her boyfriend.  No matter how much you say you care, no matter how much you say that you love me, no matter how important you say this is to you, you and I are not the "we" in your life.  

I don't know if its habit, if its the amount of time you have been together.  But that tells me a lot about how you truly feel. It speaks volumes. And that is why I feel like the other woman.  

That makes me phenomenally jealous, because I want to be part of the "we", one half of the pair. And right at this moment, I want to walk away. I feel tiny and dark saying this, but it makes me want to hurt you the way this hurts me.  

 

No comments: