Sunday, August 15, 2010

The eight ways of giving

One gives spontaneously; One gives out of fear; or because of thinking "He too has given me a gift"; or because of thinking "He will give me a present, too"; or because of thinking it is good to give; or because of thinking "I cook, but they do not"; or because of thinking "By giving, I will earn a good reputation";
or because it ennobles the mind.


This makes me realize that there are a lot of things in my life that I am not doing because of fear, because I am afraid of the consequences.  Amazing opportunities are ahead of me every day, and I don't take them because I am afraid of the potential consequences.  I need to embrace that fear, not let it hold me back.  
I only have this life that I get to live, Fear should not keep me from living it to the fullest.

No comments: